Making an Impact in a Child’s Life
Based on the success of the Elite High School program, Peoria’s Public School District asked Elite to pilot a program that would similarly serve at-risk elementary students. Established in 2011, Elite K-8 is now an “every-day-in-school” program designed to teach students about the power of respect and the value of an education.
Home visits begin in the summer. Both parents/guardians and students are required to sign a “Code of Conduct Covenant.” There is a strict dress code and a high value placed on conduct and effort. Elite’s focus on bringing respect back into the classroom is proving successful! Once Elite is introduced into a school, that school’s culture generally changes from one of chaos to one of mutual and consistent respect for ALL people, ALL the time.
Real Data / Real Impact
- 16,200 students have participated in the Elite K-8 concept in Peoria Public Schools and Charter Schools.
- 16,000+ parental home visits have been conducted for the parents of students in the Elite K-8 schools.
- In each Elite K-8 school, the culture has improved, including Attendance, Behavior, and Course Passage (PBIS).
- 660 students have graduated from the Jr. Elite Leadership Program from Peoria Public Schools and Charter Schools.
- In 2020, The Elite Program was featured nationally on Mike Rowe’s "Returning the Favor” Show.
If you have questions or would like more information about the Elite Elementary School program, please feel free to reach out.